PCCTG1 May 2003

LC staffing of Coop

Adam Schiff <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 May 2003 17:55:49 -0700

TEXT/PLAIN

In chatting casually on the phone with a Coop Team member the other day I
was told that "we want to fail" because only if they fail to be able to
accomplish everything that they are being asked to do with the current
staffing levels on the Team do they think that LC might actually provide
more staff to the Team to help them do their work.

I think that somewhere in our report we do need to state strongly that the
Coop Team must be adequately staffed to keep up with the growth of the PCC
programs.  While we're looking at having more folks outside LC serve as
trainers and reviewers and mentors etc. there comes a point at which when
a proposal ends up sitting on someone's desk for weeks or months at a time
because they keep getting asked to do other tasks (e.g. writing reports,
maintaining Web pages, etc. -- all of which of course are important too)
that the program is no longer serving its users very well.  And if it gets
a reputation for consistently having proposals fall by the wayside then
frustration will be high and success will be very low as word of mouth
about that gets around.  Perhaps we need to set/recommend performance
standards for the maximum amount of time that a proposal can sit
unprocessed in Coop?

Adam