ARSCLIST July 2003

Re: Labeling Software

Miriam Meislik <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:11:39 -0400

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to my question regarding
labeling software. The responses have been quite helpful. I am still
playing with Sure Thing and will see if it does what I want it to do. I
have also attempted to set up a few word templates and will also continue
along that route.

covering the whole CD. I am concerned mostly with adhesive longevity and
the effect of the label over time on the longevity of the disc. My
intention is to use foil backed hub labels for our CD and DVD labeling
needs. There really isn't a need here for the CD printers. I have seen the
Epson and it does a nice job, but we won't ever do the kind of production
here that would justify that expense.
--
Miriam Meislik
Associate Archivist

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/index.html

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
--Steven Wright

When your mouth drops open, click the shutter
--Harold Feinstein, November 11, 2001

Photography does not create eternity. . . it embalms time,
rescuing it simply from its proper corruption.
--André Bazin (1918–1958)