[Moderator's note: I am posting this job announcement at the request of Susan Tarr, FLICC Executive Director. If you have questions, please contact MLNC directly. - - Steve]
MLNC Executive Director
The Missouri Library Network Corporation is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader to manage, develop, and expand its excellent programs, services, and products in a challenging and competitive environment. MLNC (www.mlnc.org) is a cooperative membership organization of 63 full members and 466 affiliate members. Members include academic, academic*research, public, school, corporate, hospital and not-for-profit special libraries from within and outside Missouri. MLNC has nine staff and annual revenues of $4.4M. MLNC is an OCLC-affiliated regional network. Network staff negotiate licenses and contracts for member services. MLNC staff administer Virtually Missouri (www.virtuallymissouri.org), a digitization program for Missouri libraries, museums, and historical societies. The MLNC Executive Director and staff work closely with the Missouri State Library and the MOBIUS Consortium of Missouri academic libraries.
The successful candidate should possess:
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills, decision-making ability, and excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Experience in libraries or other information-related organizations;
· Ability to plan and market services;
· Ability to advocate for the interests and needs of information-service organizations and to reach out to members and potential members ;
· Consensus and coalition-building skills and the ability to work collegially;
· Knowledge of issues of licensing, intellectual property and copyright;
· Experience with fiscal and budgetary operations and human resources policies and procedures;
· Willingness to travel.
Qualifications include a master's degree in a relevant field preferred, with an MLS from an ALA-accredited graduate program strongly preferred. Salary begins at $77,500, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include TIAA-CREF. MLNC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Search Committee requests that a letter of interest; a resume or curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) references be submitted to:
Shirley K. Baker, chair
MLNC Executive Director Search Committee
Washington University Libraries
Campus Box 1061
St. Louis, MO 63130
Review of applications will begin on September 1st, 2003, although applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Nominations and inquiries are welcome. For further information, contact Shirley K. Baker, [log in to unmask], 314-935-5400