PCCTG1 October 2003

Re: STOP: New version of draft

Susan Summer <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:38:03 -0400

Jimmie and others:

I have some comments on the draft sent out yesterday.  Rather than
interspersing
them in the text, I'll note the places.  I hope that's OK.

Starting at the beginning--

1. In the paragraph starting "The mandate for this work..." where we talk
about the
Charles Fenly report, how about "which examined the SACO program workflow in
some detail and outlined possible improvements."

2. In the section Membership Benefits, in the paragraph starting
"Utility-based submission.."
Do you want to put in a mention that CPSO would retain final editorial
review and would
then produce the records in the utility?  (I think it's good to emphasize
this.)

3. In the section Web-based training - we mention that this could
incorporate some of the
materials developed for the in-person workshops and some of the material
from the SACO
Participants' Manual.  I would also add that the web-based training could
incorporate some
of the valuable material already on the PCC SACO webpage, such as the FAQ
and the list
of web resources, etc.

4. In the next session, Processes -- Where we have some of the drawbacks
listed ("It does not
permit saving..."), I would also add that it requires diacritics to be
written out such as [acute].
And then later in that paragraph, being able to enter diacritics should be
listed as an advantage
of utility-based submission.

5. And don't you want Jimmie Lundgren, University of Florida, Chair to be
the first name on
the list?!

(I'll be out of the office Oct. 20-23 but will try to check email if possible.)

Susan