PCCTG1 October 2003

Re: SACO institutional membership

"Lasater, Mary C" <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 5 Oct 2003 07:11:03 -0700

Jimmie & All,

I'll try to answer your questions. First, I'm not sure whether my
institution would sign on. We had layoffs this Spring and people
voluntarily cut their hours. Those cuts kept the layoffs low, but
we all have too much to do. I'm not sure I am willing to argue the
benefits of participating in SACO, when we know how much research
and time a proposal can take. I'm not sure the Cataloging and
Authorities Team would be willing to take on another quota.

We participate in some way in all aspects of the PCC, but were
thankful that there was not a quota for BIBCO this year since we
were not able to do the limited amount we did in previous years. On
the other hand our "maintenance" participation in CONSER is much
higher since the librarian working on that is working with our
Serial Solutions provided records and doing lots of cleanup. Our
NACO participation remains particularly strong, meeting our yearly
quota nearly every month.

Hopefully you can understand my position a little better,

Mary Charles

--On Monday, September 29, 2003 8:39 AM -0400 Jimmie Lundgren

Mary Charles Lasater
Vanderbilt University
Email: [log in to unmask]