PCCTG1 October 2003

Re: draft of first part

Jimmie Lundgren <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:32:03 -0400

Thanks very much to Adam and Hugh for their input. On sleeping on it I had
also thought of some of these things. Also, it occurred to me that there is
another implicit purpose to our report that needed to be addressed: I think
we should put some more sparkle in the introduction. It is a good
opportunity to "sell" the accomplishments and potential of SACO, especially
the membership option. The way I have written it so far is too much simply
problem-solving oriented. What do the rest of you think?

I will plan to address some of these changes after I get the other sections
rough draft out to you for comment, which I hope will be soon. The PCC
Policy Committee annual meetings are Nov. 6 and 7. Our charge said we should
submit our report in time for consideration at that meeting, but I do not
know how long in advance of that meeting the report should be available to
permit its distribution and inclusion in the agenda. Basically there is no
time to dawdle. Thanks and best regards,

Jimmie