MODS November 2003

linking?

Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:40:28 -0500

I sent a note to Corey, but maybe this ought to go to the list too.

I've been testing v3 of MODS to enter references, and have been struck
with the observation that it would make my life a lot easier to make
extensive use of links.  For example, why not have separate xml files
that store names and publishers?

What I want to know is, can I do this, and if so how best to do it?

I basically want to just have:

<name [insert appropriate attribute(s) to point to name record in
separate file]/>

If I need to run an xslt on the records, the engine would then
cor