PCCLIST November 2003

Dissertation Assistance Sought

"ELLETT, ROBERT" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:22:40 -0500

Dear List Members,

I am currently working on my dissertation which deals with how nonPCC
libraries treat PCC records. If the nonPCC libraries modify PCC records,
what editing changes do they make? One of my difficulties is determining
whether some of these changes are correct according to the cataloging rules
without interlibrary borrowing the items So I thought I would publish lists
of records for which I have questions. Please contact me privately at
[log in to unmask] if your institution has any of these items and you
would be willing to answer the question.

What is the LCCN in these resources?

52042594 Proceedings of the first IEEE International Conference on
Pervasive Computing and Communications

50390756 Hidden tragedies
48628663 From revolutionaries to citizens

What is the ISBN in these resources?

51331708 African voices on structural adjustment

46944829 Nuestro universo

49981983 Khrustalnyi mir

Do the resources listed below have plates? Are they numbered?

48792723 Piatdesiat rossiiskikh bardov

45385214 Blaise Pascal, ou, Le genie francais

What should appear in the 300 subfield b of the cataloging record for these
resources?

42135484 Continental tectonics
42254628 Caprice and Rondo
43538394 Histoire intellectuelle et culturelle de la France du Grand
siecle
44887838 Knaz Viazemskii
45865633 Janine Antoni
46909854 Long night's journey into day
47118026 St. Paul's
47119275\ The Knights Templar
47838958 Immune mechanisms of pain and analgesia
48118025 Repossessing the world
48400846 Balthasar Permoser hats gemacht
48979841 Principles of thermal analysis and calorimetry
49395604 Revolution in Zanzibar
49979325 Hopi traditional literature
50005876 Traditionelle Baukunst in China
50301294 African American literacies
50323489 Children of Ceausescu
50663821 The reader revealed
50704173 Math through the ages
50738893 Latin culture in the eleventh century
51032472 Mine water hydrogeology and geochemistry
51178996 Intensive use of groundwater
51223189 Der Kuros vom heiligen Tor
51273827 Franz Kafka
51554253 Clinical skills manual for pediatric nursing
51570275 Vault career guide to accounting
51770914 Australia
51920329 Effective software testing
52052838 Peligrosas palabras
52161964 Anatomy of a reform
52230313 House practice

What is the size of the resource to be recorded in 300 subfield c?

46970630 Where do I go from here?
44024378 Basic pharmacology
51893292 Human melioidosis
50201523 Innovations
51271908 Index to poetry in music
50301570 The new encyclopedia of insects and their allies /
51618501 Practical guide to environmental management for small
business.
50176421 Chuck Berry
51451431 Respiratory protection.
50218566 Designs for life
50029475 Mikhail Bakunin

_______

Does this resource have an bibliography and/or index? If so, how should the
504 or 500 be recorded?

48979996 Illustrated dictionary of practical astronomy /
45592803 Cassavetes on Cassavetes /
43540596 The complete Kubrick /
51680602 The Oxford handbook of free will /
51683381 Case studies in information technology ethics /
49083400 Categorical data analysis using the SAS system /
51245524 Your career in nursing /
39615974 Programming with Java
45093877 Quacks
45865633 Janine Antoni
46569846 Pueblos indigenas y derechos constitucionales en America
Latina
47149932 Socrates against Athens
47354979 Nationhood and identity
48404658 Writing from start to finish
48534162 India pioneering photographers
48753910 A history of light and colour measurement
49394113 An introduction to the philosophy of physics
49549971 Women in Christianity
49659947 The savage wars of peace
49722065 Erwin Wurm
49784771 The Russian Far East
49854502 International job finder
50005876 Traditionelle Baukunst in China =
50029475 Mikhail Bakunin
50055859 The ancient Greeks
50100486 Bach's Well-tempered clavier
50128072 Petite anthologie palinodique, 1486-1550
50175836 A history of modern India, 1480-1950
50558833 Terrorism and the constitution
50615512 The abolition of the death penalty in international law /
50663047 Language endangerment and language maintenance
50666331 The new right and democracy in Canada
50717269 Mapping the West
50729081 Cross-channel attack
50738893 Latin culture in the eleventh century
50900502 The Friedman legacy
51059605 Estrategias y propuestas para la reforma del Estado
51178996\ Intensive use of groundwater
51223189 Der Kuros vom heiligen Tor
51317289 A free nation deep in debt
51437850 John Locke
51498159 Preparing potential senior Army leaders for the future
51616758 All the presidents' children
51643444 Reading for change
51717597 The essential daughter
51748575 Why do people hate America?
51846993 Introduction to hospitality operations
51916362 Shadowed ground
51955607 Food colloids, biopolymers and materials
52004720 Nitrogen and phosphorus in streams of the Great Miami River
Basin, Ohio, 1998-2000
52042911 Panteon rossiiskikh pisatelei XVIII veka
52052838 Peligrosas palabras
52083460 La reforma agraria en Mexico desde 1853
52235256 Remarks before the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks
Upon the United States

Should a 505 contents notes be included in these records?

42852365 Official negligence
45332818 The gift
46668624 Las mamis
46995916 Disaster movies
47636451 Small screens, big ideas
47675671 Selected poems \
50382578 Prime time blues
50389482 Residential lead desktop reference
51540605 Credit Suisse Group banks in the Second World War

Thanks in advance,
Robert O. Ellett, Jr.
Catalog Librarian
Joint Forces Staff College