Posted on behalf of Qiang Jin to several lists. Please excuse
LITA/ALCTS CCS Authority Control in the Online Environment Interest
Date: January 11, 2004 (Sunday)
Time: 2:00 - 5:30 pm
Place: Marriott, Marriott Hall 2
On behalf of the Authority Control in the Online Environment Interest
Group (ACIG), you are invited to attend the 2004 ALA Midwinter ACIG
session on Sunday January 11, 2004 from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm at Marriott
Hall 2 in the San Diego Marriott Hotel.
The speakers are:
1. Qiang Jin, Original Cataloging Librarian, University of Illinois
at Urbana-Champaign Library, "Authority Control in the Online
Environment: celebrating the 20th anniversary of LITA/ALCTS CCS
Authority Control in the Online Environment Interest Group"
2. Marlena Frackowski, Assistant Dean for Technical Services, The
College of New Jersey Library, "Current concerns and issues in music
authority control - report from Authorities Subcommittee of
Bibliographic Control Committee of Music Library Association".
3. Jimmie Lundgren, Science Cataloging Unit Head, University of
Florida Library, "Report of SACO Task Force".
4. Ann Della Porta, Assistant Coordinator, Integrated System
Office, Library of Congress, "LC Updates".
5. Manon Theroux, Authority Control Librarian and NACO Coordinator,
Yale University Library, "Report of PCC Task Group on the Function of
the Authority File".
6. Stephen Hearn, Authority Control Coordinator/Projects and Data
Team Leader, University of Minnesota, "Report of the NISO Thesaurus
Q & A
Everyone is welcomed to attend the business meeting after the reports.
Chair, Authority Control in the Online Environment Interest Group
Mark Scharff, Music Cataloger
Gaylord Music Library
Washington University in St. Louis
[log in to unmask]