AGU@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

AGU Home

AGU  January 2004

AGU January 2004

March 25th meeting

Peggy Bulger <[log in to unmask]>

Archie Green Union Listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:56:02 -0500

Dear Friends:

On March 25th the American Folklife Center Board of Trustees will be
participating in an all-day meeting to discuss issues surrounding
folklore, traditional culture, cultural diversity and intangible
cultural heritage as these concepts have been debated in international
fora:  UNESCO, WIPO, WSIS and OAS.  We are grateful to Barry Bergey of
the NEA who has arranged for a meeting room for us that will accommodate
several guests.

I am attaching a copy of our draft agenda for the day.  If you would
like to attend this meeting, please RSVP to Gene Berry of the AFC at
202-707-6710 or email him at [log in to unmask]  As you can see from our
line-up of panelists, we are looking forward to a very informative and
lively discussion.  Please join us if you can.

Peggy A. Bulger, Director
American Folklife Center
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave, SE