ARSCLIST February 2004

Oxide flaking off tape from the 1950's

Tom Brown <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:22:19 -0800

Hello,

Would there be anyone in the group with the equipment and know-how to
transfer crumbling audio tape? I have some incredibly rare tapes from the
fifties that I'm afraid to even look at because the oxide just flakes right
off. Any pointer in the right direction would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom Brown, Director
First Generation Radio Archives
Preserving Radio's Past for the Future