EAD March 2004

Editing EAD in XMetal (rls/rlx/ctm)

Karim Boughida <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:36:15 -0800

Hi all,
When editing our EAD (SGML or XML in XMetal 3.1), we have this bizarre behavior (not consistent at all): when deleting characters or a block or a phrase. They're not deleted?. Sometimes XMetal adds new characters like EF. This happened when we apply tools/customization.

This problem seems to be related to ead.rls/rlx and ead.ctm. We deleted/remake our rls/rlx/ctm files (downloaded even the ones from the EAD help pages), but this hasn't solved our problem. This happened on multiple machines. We think it's not related to corrupt files?

We checked those files with a hex editor and they didn't seem to have illegal or non-ascii characters?

Is this a bug?

Thanks for your help.

Karim Boughida