Re: Zthes

Mike Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Z39.50 Next-Generation Initiative

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:58:14 +0100

> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:47:59 -0400
> From: "LeVan,Ralph" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> We continue to work on using SRW and ZTHES for our thesaurus work.  We're
> right in the middle of redoing the GSAFD, but you can still find it at
> http://alcme.oclc.org/srw/search/GSAFDold.  The new version will show up
> soon at the same location, minus the "old" on the end.
>
> You can find more on the topic, including the entire GSAFD encoded with the
> ZTHES schema at
> http://www.oclc.org/research/projects/termservices/resources/gsafd.htm.

Hi Ralph,

Did you use the Zthes profile described at
        http://zthes.z3950.org/srw/index.html
or did you find it necessary to depart from these specifications?  If
the latter, it would be good to know details so they can go into the
"offical" spec.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Don't say 'of fish' like that, Bishop, it doesn't mean
         anything" -- Monty Python.