> There is one other aspect of this which seems to have been
> missed entirely
> (or is handled in some clever way I'm missing) and that is
> forms of the user friendly text message. All the diagnostic
> user messages
> were quoted in English, not entirely surprisingly.
I did suggest that the message element had an lang attribute to indicate
the language code (either mandatory or taken to be English if omitted).
I didn't think this would over burden the server developer too much (as
he/she could just return lang="eng" or whatever standard language codes
we adopted). However, it didn't meet with any support at the time...