EAD September 2004

daoloc correction

Mark Carlson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:36:10 -0700

TEXT/PLAIN

In one of the examples that I just posted, there was an error:

<daogrp>
<resource label="start">click here</resource>
<daoloc label="image" href="image.jpg" role="image/jpeg"/>
<arc from="start" to="image" show="embed" actuate="onload"/>
</daogrp>

This markup would generate the text "click here" that the user would click
on to open the link.  The same actuate="onload" is used, except that since
<resource> actually contains text, that text is used to generate a link
instead of an icon being generated.

This should have been:

<daogrp>
<resource label="start">click here</resource>
<daoloc label="image" href="image.jpg" role="image/jpeg"/>
<arc from="start" to="image" show="new" actuate="onrequest"/>
</daogrp>

While you could use show="embed", it would be more in keeping with
hyperlinks to use show="new" or show="replace".  The "actuate" attribuate
should have been "onrequest" NOT "onload".

As I stated earlier, when "acutate" is set to "onload", there is no user
intervention required, so this was clearly an error on my part.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mark