EAD September 2004

Re: SAA Web Site Spoofed

Glenn Gardner <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:57:08 -0400

Hilda:

No, the email error message you mentioned below (from email.uky.edu)
just seems to be a regular error message that can be ignored.  I think
everyone on the EAD Listserv got the error message as well.

The fraudulent email that was sent out had been from someone purporting
to be from the Society of American Archivists.  It was sent out to have
organizations falsely change their url links to SAA.

As a side note, the EAD Listserv software has been filtering out email
attachments for the past several months to eliminate (hopefully) viruses
being sent out to the listserv.  Similarly, the list of names and email
addresses of the EAD Listserv members is not made public.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Glenn

Glenn Gardner
Network Development & MARC Standards Office
Library of Congress
Washington, D.C.  USA  20540-4402
Ph: +1 (202) 707-7414             Internal: LS/TECH/NDMSO (4402)

I received a message that I could not understand. Is it the fraudulent
e-mail?
"It is the copy":