Help for EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EDUCAT Home

EDUCAT  September 2004

EDUCAT September 2004

Re: Call for participation: Technical Services Ed. SIG

Shawne Miksa <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:58:47 -0500

SLIS at University of North Texas does require the cataloging course for those students who specifically pursue our Information Organization Program of Study. Those students in the School Library Program of Study also take a cataloging course---state certification requires cataloging knowledge and skills.   Cataloging is not required for every student, but I can say that my cataloging classes are full every semester and that the faculty really push students to take it as an elective, regardless of the POS.

We do require a core class entitled Information Organization for all students.

S.Miksa

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/15/04 01:12AM >>>
Dear Melanie,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been sick for the last week
or so...but am back on the "active" list.

I checked and found that indeed SUNY-Buffalo is on the list. Here's the
list:
University of Hawaii, University of Southern Mississippi, University of
Missouri-Columbia, State University of New York-Buffalo, University of
North Carolina-Greensboro, and University of Pennsylvania-Clarion.

Hope this helps!
Sylvia