ARSCLIST  November 2004

ARSCLIST November 2004

Technicord T-1621

Aurora Perez <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:47:44 -0800

I have a researcher who is seeking information about a Technicord recording
(T-1621A: Bach-Sonatine from the Cantata No. 106, and T-1621B: Bach-Fugue
in G Minor) both played by Edward B. Greene, recorded between 1937-41? at
Wellesley College.  The Wellesley Music Archives had no information on this
recording other than a Google search for Technicord which turned up a brief
bio on Technicord founder William Joseph Schwann.  I checked our holdings
at Stanford's Archive of Recorded Sound and found that we don't have this
recording, nor is it listed in the only pamphlet catalog  for Technicord
that we have.

The researcher would like to know if anyone has a Technicord catalog
listing this recording, a recording or release date, or any other
information about this recording.  The researcher has the original 78 rpm
recording in his possession but seeks whatever information he can find
about it.
Thanks,
Aurora Perez
Stanford University