ARSCLIST  November 2004

ARSCLIST November 2004

draft

Matthew Barton <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:31:09 -0500

Hi, I'm at the WRPR high-end workstation in the Performing Arts Reading
Room. I just opened an 89.1mb MP3 service low file from directory in
question, and it took 3 minutes, 15 seconds. When I tried to open the
corresponding service high-file (491mb), only 1% had loaded after more
than three minutes.

Three minutes is a long time to wait for an MP3, but it's tolerable.
The time needed to access the corresponding service high file obviously
isn't, and  this is what the waiting times are like on the good days!

Matthew Barton
American Folklife Center
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE