ARSCLIST  November 2004

ARSCLIST November 2004

Re: Looking for form/genre term

"Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:38:02 -0500

Hello, Peter,

Here is where I fall down on my knowledge of cataloging, etc.,

But...and you've probably thought this all thorugh...

A thought occurred to me. This is invaluable metadata about specific
recordings. Presumably these recordings are in the NYPL collection as well
(either at Donnell or Lincoln Centre?--it's been years since I've been in NY).

It would be very useful if somehow a tie could be generated between this
information and the recording. Then, someone researching the recording
would find the specific data.

Also, somehow indexing it by the personnel would be very useful. I'm
wondering if it would be useful to an external resource like the All Music
Guide?

Thanks for listening.

Cheers,

Richard