ARSCLIST  November 2004

ARSCLIST November 2004

Egmont Records info needed

Eric Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:52:18 -0500

I recently was given a collection of Classical LPs that includes some
records on Egmont, which is a British label from the 50's or 60's.

They seem to be pseudonymous and I was wondering if anyone could help
identify the real players.

The records are Tchaikovsky's PATHETIQUE with the Odessa
Phillharmonic and Rudolf Bodenheim
        Beethoven Violin Concerto with Marcu Belayeff w. Odessa PO
cond, Vassili Shiveski
        Bach Piano Recital w. Stephen McKinnon
        Bach Brandenburg No. 5 and the 2 Violin Concerto Essen PO/
Michael Schwarz
        Mozart Piano Concerto No. 20 (listed on label and jacket as
23) and Piano Sonata in A K331 w. Maria Beretta, Madrid Pro Arte w
George Dufours.

Thank you for any help which you can offer.

Eric Goldberg