ARSCLIST  November 2004

ARSCLIST November 2004

Looking for recording date

digest Peter Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:59:51 -0500

I am trying to determine the recording and issue dates of a Columbia 12"
78. The disc has a green label and the catalog number is 55037-F. The New
York Liederkranz performs Mendelssohn's Der Jaeger's Abschied (Wer hat dich
du schoener Wald) under the direction of C.R. Fuchs-Jerin on one side. I
have searched all the usual discographies and Columbia catalogs that I have
on hand, but this one just seems to have fallen through some crack
somewhere. I assume that it is pre-1939, due to the unlikeliness of this
type record being too popular after the Anschluss.

Anyone know anything about this one? It is in RDI, but the information is
pretty much transcription-generated gibberish.

Peter Hirsch