ARSCLIST  November 2004

ARSCLIST November 2004

Re: Looking for recording date (plus discographical digression)

Steven Smolian <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:18:31 -0500

Actually, I think there is an earlier one, from 1906, if memory serves, with
the same agregation.  I'm not where I can check right now.

The segment from the Act 3 Prelude to Freischuetz turns up a horn quartet
segment on a number of acoustics.

Most interesting to me are the early hunting horn ensembles from the
1900-1910 period, French and Germanic-czech, etc.  I have some on Pathe.
Most sound like they were included in or omitted from the St. Hubertus Mass.

I have a theory...  We should talk about this sometime- Vancouver?

Steve