ARSCLIST  November 2004

ARSCLIST November 2004

Re: Canadian Victor 216000 series

"Steven C. Barr" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:46:05 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Charosh" <[log in to unmask]>
> Were any discs in Canadian Victor's 216000 catalogue series recorded in
the
> United States?  Or, do they all derive from sides cut in Canada (and
> elsewhere?) but not in the U.S.?
As near as is known, all the discs in the 216000 series were recorded in the
Montreal facility. US recordings were issued under their Victor catalog
numbers (though occasionally with different psirings); UK sides were issued
on the 110000(SF) and 120000(DF) series, and other foreign (not North
American) recordings were issued on a 150000 series.

Just over 500 records were issied in the acoustic series (216000-499,
21700x)
and just over 100 electric (216500-6xx).

Details can be found in my Dating Guide.

Steven C. Barr