A new Ockham domain is now available at the following URL, and it used
There you will find:
* an outline of the proposed alerting process
* links to source code
* a rudimentary implementation of SRU
* a to-do list
As you may or may not know, I am proposing the implementation of an
alerting (current awareness) service using National Science Foundation
Digital Library information as content and SRU URL's as user profiles.
The service is intended to work by:
1. identifying OAI repositories with content of interest
2. using OAI to harvest content and store it in a central pile
3. exporting MARC data from library catalogs and storing it in the
4. indexing the content of the central pile
5. providing an SRU interface to the index
6. allowing users to save the SRU URL's as "profiles"
7. allowing users to have the profiles executed on a regular basis
8. making the results of searches available as HTML, email, RSS, etc.
9. returning to Step #1
My to-do list includes the tweaking of a few Perl modules, turning my
sru.cgi script into more of a server application and less like a
client/server application, and implementing some way to save user
'Just sharing since I think SRW/U are pretty cool, and I thought this
community might like to know.
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame