Help for MODS Archives

MODS Archives

MODS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

MODS Home

MODS  January 2005

MODS January 2005

Re: Please disregard Re: Schema for 3.0 doesn't import xml namespace!!

Barzilai Spinak <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 02:16:06 -0200

Well, if I use the "imported from the web" schemas, it validates fine.
But if I store a local copy of xml.xsd, it fails because it
doesn't like the <!DOCTYPE...> (comment it out and it works again)
It's very strange.

The thing is, I dont want to download the schemas from the web *every time*
I need validation or a web service is called, etc. I should be able
to store local copies and do relative schemaLocation.
So I download xml.xsd and xlink.xsd (which are the two schemas that mods
depends on) and import them locally. It works fine, except for the
<!DOCTYPE...> section in xml.xsd

I figure I don't need it so I'm going to comment it out until I find a
good explanation to this mystery.

BarZ

Quoting Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>:

> On Jan 29, 2005, at 10:12 PM, Barzilai Spinak wrote:
>
> > Any ideas? (I'm not expecting an answer until Monday... :-) )
>
> I'm still not clear on what your problem is.  I don't use the XSD
> version normally, but I just checked it using oXygen, and had no
> problems.  You shouldn't have to modify anything for it to work.
>
> I'm using oXygen 5.1, BTW.
>
> Bruce

     Conectese mas rapido y ahorre hasta un 50%
    Tel. 0909.2030 =>  $0,15 IVA incluido el minuto
http://www.internet.com.uy - En Uruguay somos internet