ARSCLIST February 2005

Re: Looking for Otari reel to reel

Rod Stephens <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:36:49 -0800

Hello Peter,

I found these two reel to reel 1/4" decks by searching using Google (you
might be able to find more using the same):

Teac      A6100      Tape deck 1/2trk      Mint+      $750
Teac     A7010GSL     Tape deck     Mint+     $950

I have one of the A6100's and can say it is and excellent deck and I
think I read that this transport was the predecessor of the Tascam
multitrack if I'm not mistaken.  Teac calls it "Master Recorder", so
mastering (not mention playback) is excellent.  It has four heads: two
and four track playback heads and two track record and erase heads.  It
handles 7 & 10 1/2' reels and runs at 7 1/2 and 15IPS.

This is the web site I pulled up:
http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/non_mac_for_sale.htm

 From the web page:

> All items are warranted  for 30 to 90 days depending upon make and model.
> < This warranty is for North American sales only. >

They're in Tennessee and specialize in Macintosh audio equipment.  This
is their home web page:
http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/

Happy Hunting!!

Rod Stephens