Please plan to join the Associated Press government sales representative for a presentation of the latest offering from the AP.
Time: March 10, 2005, 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM
Place: FLICC/FEDLINK Training Room, LOC Adams Bldg. Room 216
Registration: Please call (202)707-4800 to register for either session.
Please forward to your colleagues who might have an interest in the subject matter.
AP Accessa provides users with software tools for researching and monitoring news and business information and ensures that critical decisions are based on the most timely, relevant information available.
AP Accessa's powerful search technology gives users precise access to the information they need and increases productivity across the enterprise by ensuring that time is spent analyzing data -
not searching for it.
AP Accessa Features
· Access your news sources using Internet Explorer from any PC at your location - AP Accessa runs in a Web browser window.
· Receive data from multiple news and market wires, databases, legacy systems and other sources.
· Search for news by headline and/or full body text.
· Search tools include wildcards, natural language queries, Boolean operators and query expansion to focus a search on a specific topic or widen a search to find related items.
· Build personal saved-search profiles by sources, keywords and specific fields.
Searching for News
AP Accessa users can search for news with an easy-to-use, simple search system or an advanced search system that searches by keywords, date or specific fields. Extensive use of wildcards and versatile search tools allow you to describe in detail what you are looking for, making both advanced and simple searches fast and efficient ways to find just what you need.
Customizing Your News Display
Custom Profiles let you decide the news displayed when you log on to AP Accessa. Any saved search can be used as your personal profile.
Saving Your Work
· Proof prints - print out your stories and photos for your review.
· E-mails - send stories and photos across the hall or across the country.
· HTML files- save a story to your desktop in HTML.
To find out more about AP Accessa, visit www.apdigitalnews.com or call 1-800-AP-CALL-1 or Dave Rizzo, (202)776-9458 or [log in to unmask]
James W. Oliver
FEDLINK Vendor Services Coordinator
Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20540-4935
[log in to unmask]