REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2005. DON'T DELAY! REGISTER NOW FOR
2005 Joint Spring Workshop--Friday, April 15, 2005--9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Information Organization for the 21st Century: Taxonomies, Ontologies and the Semantic Web
See Special Registration Details Below
Taxonomies have been around for years, so why are they such a hot topic now? How will the semantic Web affect online searching? What connection is there between taxonomies and ontologies? Find out the answers to these questions and more from industry leaders such as:
* Joseph Busch (Taxonomy Strategies)
* Denise Bedford (World Bank)
* Ramana Rao (Inxight)
* Stuart Sutton (University of Washington)
* James Hendler (University of Maryland)
* Michael Daconta (Department of Homeland Security)
* a representative from Thomson WestDate
Friday, April 15, 2005
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. There is no entry to the Library of Congress prior to 8:30 a.m.)
Mumford Room, 6th floor, Madison Building, The Library of Congress, 101 Independence Avenue S. E., Washington, D.C. 20540
* DC Special Libraries Association-Lead Sponsor (DC-SLA);
* District of Columbia Library Association (DCLA);
* Federal Library and Information Center Committee (FLICC);
* Law Librarians' Society of Washington, DC (LLSDC).
Capitol South (Orange and Blue Lines)
$40 for members of a sponsoring organization, $20 for students, and $60 for non-members. Continental breakfast and lunch included.
Registration Deadline April 1, 2005
Special Registration Details
Make checks payable to Joint Spring Workshop. Complete and mail the registration form below to: Laura Hjerpe, 2026 North Vermont St. #301, Arlington, VA 22207. FLICC cannot bill this event to FT accounts or accept purchase orders, training request forms, or credit cards.
To view a PDF version of this Meeting Announcement visit http://www.loc.gov/flicc/ma/2005/ma0520.pdf.
Call Laura Hjerpe (703) 597-2806 or email her at [log in to unmask]
The deadline for ADA accommodations is April 1, 2005. Request five business days in advance at (202) 707-6362 TTY or email [log in to unmask]
FLICC MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT MA2005-20