A new draft of MADS is available, at
Please review and comment by next Friday, March 18.
The major changes (since the December draft) are:
1. The constraint that an item (authority, variant, or related) must have
exactly one high-level descriptor has been removed. An item may have an
arbitrary combination of descriptors.
2. Descriptor metadata has been eliminated -- identifier and url have been
moved to "additional elements".
3. The nameTitle descriptor has been removed.
4. Authority attributes have been re-worked.
5. The structured <note> definition is removed and replaced by unstructured