Just to put out a call for any requirements that you'd like to see in:
1. ZeeRex 2.1 (simple updates)
2. ZeeRex 3.0 (total rewrite for potential NISO standardisation
Currently we have for 2.1:
* Allow 'method' attribute on 'serverInfo' (eg GET vs POST)
* Allow 'map' element in configInfo elements
If there's anything else you'd like to see, speak up now please :)
In 3.0, some possibilities:
* Take the protocol info out of the seemingly increasing number
of attributes on serverInfo, into its own element. Allow for multiple
versions etc. (eg support Z version 2, version 3-1995 and 3-2003)
* Split creation, authority and harvesting metadata out into different
documents so that processes don't need to change the actual ZeeRex
record at all. IPR issues, lack of checksum/digital signature etc.
* Move numRecs and lastUpdate into databaseInfo.
* Do something about the schemaInfo/recordInfo split
* Export all 'collection description' fields to separate documents (eg
'databaseInfo/author') Rename databaseInfo to serviceInfo or similar?
* Improve authentication/authorisation descriptions. Eg, HTTP based
authentication systems, Shibboleth, etc.
* Improve the <links> structure with different categories -- related
documents (collection, creation, harvesting, agents etc), other
interfaces (Z, RSS, OAI, SRW/U, web site etc), display (XSLT link,
icon, etc) ...
,'/:. Dr Robert Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
,'--/::(@)::. Dept. of Computer Science, Room 805
,'---/::::::::::. University of Liverpool
____/:::::::::::::. L5R Shop: http://www.cardsnotwords.com/
I L L U M I N A T I