Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  June 2005

ARSCLIST June 2005

Re: Copyright wrongs: we can't let the music industry suits stifle creativity

Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:49:10 -0700

At 11:25 AM 6/21/2005 -0500, Karl Miller wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Mike Richter wrote:
>
> > From my point of view, it would be sufficient to define as "abandoned" any
> > copyright not exercised for a defined term.
>
>I like that idea but...
>
>I am reminded of the effort it took for Mad Magazine to determine that
>whatever ownership might have existed for the image of Alfred E. Newman,
>had been abandoned.

I do not believe it was an issue of copyright but of trademark (or one of
the related terms) - for which abandonment is defined.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/