ARSCLIST  August 2005

ARSCLIST August 2005

Re: fan noise in yamaha rx-v740

Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:58:27 -0700

Rod Stephens wrote:
> Why just "sample" when you can hear the real thing; I'm hearing the
> Emerson Quartet next month, LIVE!!
> Reminds me of the story of the "Hi-Fi" addict who went to his first live
> concert and was heard to mutter on his way out, "Too much bass, too much
> bass".
>
> Rod Stephens
> Family Theater Productions

Some of us may not have the option. While we all may prefer (and I hope
we all recognize) reality to the frozen image on a recording, the
performance needs to be accessible. My health precludes attending
performances; others could go physically but cross-country travel for a
concert may be a little hard to budget.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/