PIG August 2005
summary of schema changes
"Rebecca S. Guenther" <[log in to unmask]>
PREMIS Implementors Group Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:45:00 -0400
We plan to make the following PREMIS schema changes shortly:
1. In the Object schema change relatedEventIdentification to
minOccurs="0". This was an error in the data dictionary and object schema;
it is not supposed to be mandatory.
2. Add a version attribute to the root of each of the 5 schemas so that
instances may indicate what PREMIS version is applicable.
3. Change the namespace for each schema to include the major version. In
this case the following will be used for each:
4. Change the schema location for each to reside in a directory that
indicates the version. In this case:
(this is the container)
5. The current version will always be available using a generic name:
(Right now this would be version 1.1)
Please feel free to respond to this if this is not what you expected given
previous discussion on the list. Also if there are other obvious errors in
the schemas that you have detected, please let us know.
Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink
Subscribe or Unsubscribe