ARSCLIST  September 2005

ARSCLIST September 2005

Re: Edison Diamond Disc

Jeanette Berard <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:43:51 -0700

Oh, that is fantastic to know!
Interesting aside - we'll exhibit this with some of our other unusual formats, and your note about the horn will make interesting reading.

Thanks again,
Jeanette

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/22/05 01:25PM >>>
Both sides recorded in December 1923, at West Orange NJ - both made with the
125-foot recording horn, too!
Released in early 1924

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeanette Berard" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 4:00 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Edison Diamond Disc

I'm hoping some kind soul will help me out with this  -

We have uncovered an Edison Diamond Disc in our collections, 51292-R Sleep
by Earl Lebieg, performed by the Stevens' Trio, and 51292-L When Lights are
Low performed by the Stevens' Dance Quartet.  Can anyone out there tell me
the year this was released?

Our record catalogs don't run to this label.

Thanks,
Jeanette

Jeanette Berard, MLS, CA
Special Collections Librarian