ARSCLIST  September 2005

ARSCLIST September 2005

Re: Disaster Recovery-LPs. Part 2

David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:40:33 -0400

This reminds me..a couple of months ago I purchased a couple of thousand 78s and LPs from Hobart-William Smith College in Geneva NY (I think Steve will be familiar with some of this collection, having assessed part of it). Many of the spoken word LPs had a foggy surface, even though the discs appeared unplayed and some of the sign-out cards looked unused.
These albums were in heavy plastic jackets and I wonder if they were responsible for trapping moisture and pollutants over a 40-year period?

dl