ARSCLIST October 2005

Re: Verve, but not Jazz

Johan Bos-Beijer <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:46:32 -0400

Hi David:

I thought I may have had a moment of memory lapse so we pulled the disc. It
is Verve - Folkways FVS 9023 Titled Fritz Wunderlich. It is a MGM pressing
(referenced on the label) which was made and issued by Verve (the label is a
gold Verve). The discs contain operetta and a mix of items so you are
correct that they would be lumped in under 'pop'.

Johannes J. Bos-Beijer
Director
BBACE

----Original Message Follows----
From: David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Verve, but not Jazz
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:29:47 -0400

Johan Bos-Beijer wrote:

 > Verve had a 'Folkways' series which included classical recordings from
the Polygram/DG catalogue. For example, tenor Fritz Wunderlich. They had a
number of non-jazz issues but the catalogue varied considerably but items
often went out of print.

 > Johannes J. Bos-Beijer
 > Director
 > BBACE

Verve had a Folkways series (later called Verve Forecast) but it was pop and
folk, not classical..that was issued on Heliodor.

dl