ARSCLIST  October 2005

ARSCLIST October 2005

Re: 78's and PD, was Curatorial Responsibility, formerly Copyright of treasures

Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:05:31 -0700

Steven Smolian wrote:
> The CLIR- Council for Library and Information Resources has just
> published a study on this very issue, framed by Tim Brooks and
> scut-worked by the undersigned.  I have a published copy and assume it
> is posted on their site.
>
> It's pretty scary, and will be followed by one on copyright law.
>
> They are a look at the facts and numbers as they are, not as any side
> wishes them to be.
>
> http://www.clir.org/pubs/abstract/pub133abst.html
>
> Steve Smolian

I bought the paper copy when it was made available. It arrived a few
days ago after many weeks of waiting. It will take quite some time to
digest and interpret.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/