ARSCLIST  October 2005

ARSCLIST October 2005

Re: Seen at AES NYC

"Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:51:36 -0400

Now this is starting to get exciting. While not perfect, I've usually
been happy with the sound of Sony products.

I found, "<http://www.sony.com>Sony showed its new PCM-D1 portable
field recorder. Yow! About $2k, including 4-gig Flash memory off
rechargeable or AA batteries. Linear PCM recording or compressed audio files."

at
http://enews.primediabusiness.com/enews/mix/mixlinestudio/2005_10_07_10705_aes_enewsletter/view.html

Those LOOK (but that's part of the marketing, I guess) like serious
condenser mic capsules. Look similar to (but not identical to) AKG
C451 capsules.

It's not clear if the 4GB is built in or removable.

Hopefully this also has external mic inputs AND 48V phantom power.

Aurora, Ontario, Canada             http://www.richardhess.com/