ARSCLIST  October 2005

ARSCLIST October 2005

Re: Storing Mini-Discs

Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:11:14 -0700

Richard, I can't speak to the future players, but a radio friend of
mine thinks that MDs are MORE archival as they have magneto-optical
recording and may last longer than the only-chemical CDs. He took the
time and trouble to transfer 20 years of weekly programs to MD for the
permanent archive on this theory.

Do you think he might be wrong? Discounting the availability of
players, for the sake of discussion. You are probably right about that
the way things are going with the players though nothing is gospel any
more.

Thanks for your opinion!

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689