ARSCLIST  October 2005

ARSCLIST October 2005

LoC and war reporting

Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:46:35 -0700

Something of interest in the On The Media program from the 21st, in the
story about WWII - the LoC
provided recording equipment for reporters going to the front so they
could capture "native" musicians along the way, and the resulting work
was quite amazing!

LoC gear, "halftracks" with a new definition for the reel to reel folks,
and realtime field recording and war sounds - something for everyone
here... (I sent it separattely to the other groups I'm on).

http://www.onthemedia.org/ - see the "bringing it home" article.
Interested in comments if you have any.

<L>

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio