ARSCLIST  October 2005

ARSCLIST October 2005

hero worship, was Re: [ARSCLIST] HOLY DOG

phillip holmes <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:47:08 -0500

And her too.  Like I said, it's like royalty to me.  My first musical memory
was Fine work.  I just picked up a 2 track R2R Living Presence on eBay and
picked up two of the new SACD transfers.  So I'm eaten up with it.  I
probably wouldn't have gotten into tape and vinyl if it hadn't been for this
Fine family (sorry for the pun).  I'm not worthy.  On another note, I
wouldn't have been born if it hadn't been for one of Freddy Fennell's
trombone players, who got his doctorate, moved to Texas and recruited my
mother and father to be in the band (obviously before my mother and father
were married).  So there's this whole aura around Mercury, and the EWE
recordings in particular.
Phillip Holmes