ARSCLIST  October 2005

ARSCLIST October 2005

EAD and Audio Archives

"Farris G. Wahbeh" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:13:51 -0400

I posted this question on the EAD listserve and I thought I'd post it on here as well in hopes to get
some insight and feedback on the feasibility of using EAD within an audio archive setting.
Our collection comprises three significant audio collections.  For example, one collection holds
195 CD's that were reformatted from original materials.  That particular collection includes 202
artists/groups/ensembles, totalling to an approximate amount of 300 performers.  Since we are at
a beginning stage in implementing archival standards, would EAD be an appropriate tool for our
particular collections?