WEBSITE EVALUATION: MAKING WEB SERVICES INTEGRAL TO AGENCY MISSION - NOVEMBER 7-8
[See www.digitalgovernment.com for registration and additional information]
* Justify the effectiveness of your agency's website to your
* Learn how to develop a management framework for collecting and using web metrics to improve your website's performance.
* Understand the different kinds of web metrics and how agencies are using them to provide high quality services and resources for their users.
* Ensure that your framework is practical and that it addresses the unique aspects of your organization.
Cafritz Conference Center, George Washington University Washington, DC
(Foggy Bottom Metro Stop)
* Keynote: Web-based Services: Where We Are, Where We Need to Go -
Glenn Schlarman, Chief, Information Policy and Technology Branch, OMB
* Keynote: Demonstrating the Value, Impact, and Return on Investment from Evaluating Web-Based Services: an Overview of Strategies
- Sue Feldman, Web Analytics Program Manager, National Cancer Institute
* A Comprehensive Roadmap, including Policy Considerations
- Charles McClure, Ph.D., Francis Eppes Professor and Director, Information Use Management and Policy Institute, College of Information, Florida State University
* Linking Web Services to Agency Mission and Goals
- Sanjay Koyani, Senior Usability Specialist, HHS Web Management Team, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, HHS
* A Framework for Performance Measurement & Demo of Pilot Working Application
- Gina Pearson, Agency Web Manager, Economic Research Service, USDA
* How Usability Fits in with an Entire Toolkit of Evaluation and
- Janice Nall, Office of Electronic Government, GSA
* The View from the Trenches: Agencies Share Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Ron Oberbillig, Executive Consultant, Federal Consulting Group Dept. of the Treasury, Moderator; Emma Kolstad Antunes, Web Manager, GSFC, NASA; Selene Dalecky, Development Project Manager,GPO; Patti Mason, Manager, USPS.com; Sean Wheeler, Lead Usability
Specialist, Social Security Administration
* Rapid Automated Usability Testing Tool Demo
- Bob Bailey, Computer Psychology, Inc.
* Measuring Website Success: Lessons Learned from the Newspaper Industry
- Marketing Database Manager, USATODAY.com
* Cybersecurity and Web Assessment
- Carlynn Thompson, Director, Component Information Support and Chief Technology Officer, Defense Technical Information Center
* Evaluating & Selecting a Web Analytics Vendor
- Michael D. Horn, Online Analyst, NPR
* Future Trends and Issues
- Ai-Mei Chang, Ph.D., Professor of Systems Management, IRM College, NDU
Digital Government Institute
Council for Excellence in Government
Federal Consulting Group, Dept of the Treasury
George Washington University
4 Easy Ways to Register:
By Phone: 202-624-1762
By Fax: 202-624-1766
By Mail: DGI c/o Meeting Management Services (MMS), 1201 New Jersey Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20001
$895 - Government, with payment by credit card or check in advance
$1095 - Industry, with payment by credit card or check in advance
Group discounts available.
Program subject to change.
Earn 1 CEU from George Washington University by attending this program!
Digital Government Institute, 6213 Crathie Lane, Bethesda, MD 20816,