METS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

METS Home

METS  November 2005

METS November 2005

Re: METS display & search/retrieval

"Young,Jeff (OR)" <[log in to unmask]>

Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:06:49 -0500

Hi Jody,

WikiD might be of interest here. Essentially, it is an open-source J2EE
webapp that provides a wiki-style interface to structure data (e.g.
METS, MARC, etc.). Until now, the focus has been on metadata, but in
theory it can accommodate any kind of digital content.

You can see the demo at http://alcme.oclc.org/wikid/. The project page
is at http://www.oclc.org/research/projects/wikid/default.htm. If it
looks interesting, I can provide more details and perhaps even produce a
simple prototype relative to your needs.

Jeff