This came through my email account. I only know what you see below.
Library Specialist III -Band 5
Salary minimum $41,000
The Library of Virginia is seeking an Education Coordinator to assist
in the development and implementation of the Library of Virginia's
educational programs and outreach for K-12 students, teachers, and the
general public. Responsibilities include; developing educational
resources for teachers, students, and the general public that support
the overall mission and goals of the Library of Virginia in a variety
of media including Web-based publications. Planning and coordinating
regular activities at the Library of Virginia such as book signings,
public lectures, symposia, teachers' workshops, and the like to serve
the general public and Virginia educators and to promote public
awareness of the Library's mission, exhibitions, and holdings. Working
closely with representatives of the public and private schools, the
state Department of Education, the library community, and other
educational and historical organizations to plan and promote Library
educational outreach programs across the state.
* Undergraduate degree in history, literature, or the humanities,
or in education required.
* Master's in history, literature, education, or library science
* Professional experience in developing educational materials and
coordinating programs and special events in a library, school,
museum, or similar organization.
* Knowledge of and experience in the field of history and
humanities education, especially for K-12 students and teachers
and the general public.
* Knowledge of American history and culture, with knowledge of
Virginia a plus.
* Excellent writing and speaking skills and the ability to
interpret and convey complex humanities themes to a broad and
diverse popular audience.
* Familiarity with concepts of learning and educational approaches
to teaching in a variety of media.
* Excellent program coordination and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and with teams.
* Ability to handle day-to-day office details while also planning
programs several years in advance.
* Ability to work well with a wide variety of people, including
teachers, students, historians, publishers and authors.
* Knowledge of current trends in the field of libraries and
information science desirable.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Security background check required.
The Library of Virginia fosters an open, team-oriented work environment
and is seeking individuals who value this approach. To apply,
candidates must submit a completed State Application form for position
#46 by 5:00 PM on 2/24/06, to Jacquie O'Connor in the Human Resources
Office, Library of Virginia, 800 East Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia
23219. Phone 804-692-3586/ FAX 804-692-3587. Virginia Employment
Application forms are available online at
http://jobs.state.va.us/eo_appl.htm. Please visit the Library's