ARSCLIST  February 2006

ARSCLIST February 2006

Re: Cassette obsolescence - digitizing standards

Steven Smolian <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:50:50 -0500

Another cassete copying-on-autopilot problem.

Levels are often all over the place.  Typically, I pull out or reduce the
volume on mike clicks, kids yelling, etc., then normalize to something
closer to maximum available level before making the cd.  This is
hand-eye-ear work, not automatable (ible?)  I've had to do this hundreds of
times.

Steve Smolian