ARSCLIST  February 2006

ARSCLIST February 2006

Question re DuoDisc records

Joel Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:47:05 -0800

Am asked the following question:

Are you familiar with those "DuoDisc" type records?  They have an aluminum center (substrate) and a thin coat of vinyl (I think) on top of the aluminum.  I believe they are records people made home recordings on.  Anyway I have two (or three) of them and the vinyl is peeling off the aluminum.  I was wondering if you knew anything about, perhaps, repairing the peel?

Looking at photos, it appears that the vinyl is coming a