ARSCLIST  March 2006

ARSCLIST March 2006

Re: Zits cartoon strip

David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:55:22 -0500

I haven't set foot in a library in over 5 years, except to see what's on the
$1 table!

dl

Thom Pease wrote:

  What's even more frightening is the cartoon from 3/17
  in which Jeremy said that he was busy doing research
  for a history paper due the next day. His mother muses
  "Ah, research! When I think of the hours I spent at
  the library when I was your age..." Jeremy then says
  "Done!," turns around and asks "Wait...you went to a
  library?"

  I actually thought the strip's language was a little
  stilted when he asked for the URL. I thought for sure
  he would ask for the name of the article and just
  google it.*

  * Google (v) = "to search for information on the
  Internet, esp. using the Google search engine."
  (Dictionary.reference.com from Webster's New
  Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v
  0.9.6))

  Thom Pease

  > Lou Judson wrote:
  >
  >  Gee, that makes sense to me! I missed the article
  as my online sub
  >  the NYTimes somehow lapsed...
  >
  >  Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
  >  415-883-2689
  >
  >  On Mar 21, 2006, at 5:09 PM, David Lennick wrote:
  >
  >  > Not necessarily....anyone see yesterday's "Zits"
  comic strip? The
  >  > father is
  >  > laughing uproariously and tells the kid, "Jeremy,
  you have to read
  > this
  >  > newspaper article." The son replies,
  "Okay...what's the URL?"

  >  Or he could even say, Text it to me, only that
  would be "txt2M" in
  his