ARSCLIST  March 2006

ARSCLIST March 2006

Re: Disc extractions

Mike Richter <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:52:44 -0800

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Dear Mike Richter,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I knew you would offer your wisdom.  Yes, I neglected to include that the extraction is from CD-R/DA.  Unfortunately, the best source in the present situation; analog source no longer being available.  I am confident in the quality of the transfer to CD done 7 years ago.  So, if it is a bit-for-bit extraction with Exact Audio Copy the .wav should be equal to what is on the disc.  Both numerically and sonically, right?

That is essentially correct. What is on the disc is not quite what is in
a WAV file. The bits are in a different order and since the CD-DA has no
files, the headers are missing. But in the sense you mean, the WAV file
will be identical with the content of the CD-DA track.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/